Non-intermediated document delivery
- New German copyright
As a consequence of the approval of the reform of German copyright law, starting from the 1st of January 2008, our supplier Technische InformationsBibliothek Hannover will deliver PDF files of articles encrypted using Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology. More info on DRM.
DRM utilized by the TIB allows
- electronic delivery to one PC using one user account
- to open and view the document whithout limitation for 30 days
- to print the document twice
To receive DRM delivery, you need the FileOpen plug-in. Details about the new regulation are available on the TIB web site.
An alternative ordering system: a) obtain a fax number from CERN fax services (NICE username and password required) b) when you send your request to TIB, select the fax delivery option and input the fax number you obtained from fax services. The file will be delivered to your inbox as a PDF attachment.
- Save time : order your articles directly
New service: non-intermediated document delivery
In collaboration with the German National Library of Science and Technology in Hanover, the CERN Library has set up a service that allows CERN staff and users to order articles directly from their vast collection. Articles will be directly delivered electronically by email to the end user. Note that this service is to serve your needs relating to your CERN activities. Before submitting an order, please check carefully in the catalogue that you do not order material already available at CERN. The transactions will be monitored by the CERN Library.
For papers published from 1992 onwards:
1) Identify the article you would like to order.
Hint: normally it will be contained in the INSPEC database.
- 2) Select the article. Order your copy by choosing Copy Request on the left hand side.
3)Do not forget to identify yourself!
Replace "email@example.com" with your own email address. If for some reason the document cannot be delivered electronically, a paper copy will be sent to the Library. This copy will be forwarded to you provided that you have put your name in the field Your internal ref.no.
- 4) In spite of the complex form, no more fields have to be filled. Please note that the delivery speed is very good, articles are normally delivered within 24 hours, even if you do not request the more expensive express delivery mode.
For papers published before 1992:
Order without search
This is simply how it used to be, except that the order will be sent directly to the Hanover library and the copy of the article will be sent directly to you.
- 1) Identify the article you would like to order.
Order your articles via the CERN Library as before
- Articles (from journals or conference proceedings)
- Frequently asked questions Interlibrary loan staff: tel. 72684, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org